The Female Athlete
- Εκδόσεις: Elsevier
- Συγγραφέας: Rachel M Frank,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9780323759854
- ISBN: 9780323759854
- Διαθεσιμότητα: Διαθέσιμο
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 79,00€
Of all the important factors that must be considered when assessing and treating an athlete, the impact of patient sex is perhaps the most critical, yet historically has often been neglected. The "same injury" in a male patient may present differently, sometimes in subtle ways, than in a female patient and may require a different treatment approach. The Female Athlete, edited by Dr. Rachel Frank, provides concise, expert coverage of the ways in which common sports medicine injuries present in female patients versus male patients, describing recent literature analyzing sex differences in injury patterns and available treatment options.
- Provides a comprehensive review of key areas of importance related to care for women in sports, including the differences in care and treatment for male and female patients.
- Covers many of the most common injuries female athletes face, including ACL injuries, shoulder instability, concussion, stress fractures, female overuse injuries, and more.
- Considers prevention strategies, nutritional recommendations, as well as exercise recommendations for women during pregnancy.