Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches to the Skull Base Anatomy, Tactics, and Techniques
- Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches to the Skull Base Anatomy, Tactics, and Techniques
- Εκδόσεις: Thieme
- Συγγραφέας: Meryl H. Haber, J.G.de Oliveira,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9781626239661
- ISBN: 9781626239661
- Διαθεσιμότητα: Διαθέσιμο
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 210,00€
A deep knowledge of regional anatomy, improved understanding of pathologies and their behaviors, technological advances, and multidisciplinary collaboration have led to more effective treatments for once inoperable skull base lesions. Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches to the Skull Base: Anatomy, Tactics, and Techniques by renowned skull base neurosurgeons Luis A. B. Borba and Jean G. de Oliveira presents a balanced, anatomy-based perspective on microsurgical and endoscopic approaches to manage these highly challenging lesions. The text leverages the best current scientific literature on this topic and insights from global skull base surgery experts. Organized into 9 sections and 52 chapters, the book starts with discussion of microsurgical and endoscopic instrumentation and neurophysiological monitoring. The subsequent sections cover diverse approaches for skull base lesions involving the sphenoid and parasellar, orbit, anterior fossa, cavernous sinus, temporal bone and jugular foramen, and foramen magnum regions. Each of these sections starts with an introduction, followed by a microsurgical description of the anatomy of the impacted region.
- Contributions from an impressive group of internationally renowned neurosurgeons and otolaryngologists specializing in skull base pathologies
- Indications, preoperative and postoperative concerns, nuances, pitfalls, tactics, techniques, and references for further reading provide a comprehensive guide to treatment
- A stepwise description of the approach, high-quality four-color drawings, and illustrative cases facilitate acquisition and retention of knowledge
- High-quality figures provide greater visual insights and step-by-step guidance on how to perform specific procedures
This unique textbook will help residents, fellows, and practitioners in neurosurgery and otolaryngology make an evidenced-based decision on using the most effective microsurgical and/or endoscopic approach to achieve the best outcomes in patients with skull base lesions.