Tumors of the Spinal Canal Surgical Approaches and Future Therapies
- Tumors of the Spinal Canal Surgical Approaches and Future Therapies
- Εκδόσεις: Thieme
- Συγγραφέας: Ankit I.Mehta,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9781626239319
- ISBN: 9781626239319
- Διαθεσιμότητα: 6-7 Ημέρες
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 160,00€
A state-of-the-art resource on current and future advances in the treatment of intradural spinal tumors Tumors of the spinal canal provide unique challenges in terms of surgical approaches and oncological treatment. Management requires in-depth knowledge of the intricate anatomical relationships between the tumors and normal spinal pathways, restricted corridors of entry, and limitations of drug penetration. Over the past few decades, significant strides have been made in the treatment of these tumors. Development of minimally invasive techniques and greater understanding of these pathologies has resulted in improved safety, precision, and outcomes. Tumors of the Spinal Canal: Surgical Approaches and Future Therapies by Ankit I. Mehta and esteemed contributors is the most comprehensive textbook written to date on this topic. The book starts with two opening chapters covering an overview and anatomy, followed by three sections and 11 chapters on intramedullary spinal tumors, intradural extramedullary tumors, and peripheral nerve tumors. The comprehensive review encompasses anatomy, pathophysiology, therapeutic and surgical advances, diverse surgical techniques, and future directions. Throughout the text, readers are provided with the necessary tools to master management of these clinically difficult tumors, from both a medical and surgical standpoint.
- Treatment algorithms, clinical study summaries, and differential diagnoses presented in reader-friendly tables enhance acquisition and retention of knowledge
- Comprehensive analyses and pearls from masters provide insights on how to manage complications and improve patient outcomes
- Discussion of current research innovations, clinical trials, and future directions that have the potential to change the treatment paradigm
Neurosurgical residents, spine fellows, and complex spine surgeons will benefit from reading this resource, while the intradural spinal tumor treatment paradigms provide an invaluable clinical tool for neurooncologists and oncologists.