The Washington Manual of Cardio-Oncology A Practical Guide for Improved Cancer Survivorship, First edition
- Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- The Washington Manual of Cardio-Oncology A Practical Guide for Improved Cancer Survivorship, First edition
- Εκδόσεις: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Συγγραφέας: Daniel J. Lenihan, Kathleen W. Zhang, Joshua Mitchell,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9781975180447
- ISBN: 9781975180447
- Διαθεσιμότητα: Διαθέσιμο
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 87,00€
Written by experts in cardiovascular disease, hematology, and oncology, The Washington Manual® of Cardio-Oncology: A Practical Guide for Improved Cancer Survivorship is a clinically relevant, easy-to-use primer on the detection, management, and improved cardiovascular-based patient outcomes in adults undergoing treatment for cancer or who have previously survived cancer therapy. Edited by Drs. Daniel J. Lenihan, Joshua D. Mitchell, and Kathleen W. Zhang, this concise yet comprehensive manual provides high-yield information that reflects today’s advances in risk stratification, early diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular disease—all in an easy-access, concisely bulleted format for on-the-go reference.
- Discusses the multitude of complex adverse effects of chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and radiation therapy to help optimize quality of life and prolong survival in this vulnerable patient population.
- Includes chapters on how cancer therapy affects the myocardium, valves, pericardium and cardiac electrical system including handy reference tables on typical side effects of commonly used cancer therapies.
- Provides practical guidance in an easy-to-follow format that covers definition, associated drugs/therapies, epidemiology, diagnosis (history, physical exam, and diagnostic testing), treatment, and outcome/prognosis.
- Covers the role of non-invasive imaging modalities in the diagnosis and screening for cardiovascular disease including echocardiography, MRI, and nuclear imaging.
- Addresses frequently encountered clinical scenarios such as preoperative or pre-high-risk treatment evaluation with up-to-date expert consensus recommendations.
- Details emerging treatments and optimal use of non-invasive imaging in cardiac amyloidosis.
- Features easy-to-use flow-charts and tables that aid in the differentiation of cardiac masses.