Perez & Brady's Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology
- Εκδόσεις: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Συγγραφέας: Edward C. Halperin, David E. Wazer, Carlos A. Perez, Luther W. Brady,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9781496386793
- ISBN: 9781496386793
- Διαθεσιμότητα: Διαθέσιμο
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 244,00€
For more than 30 years, Perez and Brady’s Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology has been the must-have standard reference for radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents who need a comprehensive text covering both the biological and physical science aspects of this complex field as well as disease site-specific information on the integrated, multidisciplinary management of patients with cancer. The 7th Edition continues this tradition of excellence with extensive updates throughout, many new chapters, and more than 1,400 full-color illustrations that highlight key concepts in tumor pathogenesis, diagnosis, and targeted radiation therapy.
- Comprehensive coverage of the current state of knowledge of cancer biology; medical radiation physics;
- clinical radiation oncology; and radiation oncology economics, ethics, and public policy.
- Regular, twice-yearly content updates available with the digital version of the text.
- Ideal for radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, radiation biologists, medical radiation
- physicists, oncologists, physicists-in-training, radiation dosimetrists, and nurses and physician assistants
- working in radiation oncology departments.
- New chapters include Proton and Carbon Ion Beam Dosimetry and Treatment Planning; Stereotactic
- Radiation Therapy; Re-Irradiation; Error Avoidance; Undergraduate, Graduate, and Continuing Medical
- Education in Radiation Oncology; and a completely rewritten chapter on the economics of radiation
- Designed to provide a better understanding of the natural history of cancer, the physical and technological
- methods of radiation application, the effects of irradiation on normal tissues, and the most judicious ways in
- which radiation therapy can be employed in the treatment of patients with cancer, either as a single modality
- or as part of a multi-modality treatment program.
- Site-specific chapters include relevant background information on each tumor—including epidemiology,
- pathology, diagnostic work-up, prognostic factors, treatment techniques, applications of surgery,
- chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapy, end results, and more.
- An international group of expert chapter authors keeps you well-informed.
- Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio, and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, secondlanguage
- or literacy challenges, and more.