Geriatric Ophthalmology A Competency-based Approach
- Εκδόσεις: Springer
- Συγγραφέας: Andrew G. Lee, Hilary Beaver,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9783030040178
- ISBN: 9783030040178
- Διαθεσιμότητα: 6-7 Ημέρες
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 69,54€
- Based on the successful first edition and a sold-out seminar held at the annual meetings of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Completely updated with chapters on glaucoma in the elderly, age-related macular degeneration and its management, vision and hearing loss, elder abuse, and diabetic retinopathy and its management
- Provides a practical approach to assisting geriatric patients Includes several high quality color images and illustrations not previously published
- Written and edited by renowned medical experts in the field
Geriatric patients have unique responses to treatment and disease, often harboring co-morbidities that can impact evaluation, treatment, and prognosis, which can require specialized expertise or experience. Geriatric Ophthalmology, Second Edition draws upon the successful first edition by applying a competency-based approach to these patients, improving awareness, increasing understanding, and encouraging expertise about geriatric issues among eye care professionals.
These intersecting conditions and their treatment are comprehensively discussed in this fully updated second edition, complete with additional high-quality illustrations and photos. Each chapter utilizes illustrative cases to exemplify the points of care encompassed by the competencies. Topics of special interest are included, such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, low vision, all diseases of aging, and the effect of vision loss on the geriatric patient’s quality of life. Medical students, residents, fellows, clinicians, and allied health personnel alike will find this to be a comprehensive resource and exceptional guide to the care of older patients with geriatric ophthalmology problems.
|Εικόνες||8 b/w illustrations, 32 illustrations in colour|