Management of Complications in Common Hand and Wrist Procedures FESSH Instructional Course Book 2021
- Management of Complications in Common Hand and Wrist Procedures FESSH Instructional Course Book 2021
- Εκδόσεις: Thieme
- Συγγραφέας: Brigitte van der Heijden, Henk Coert, Jan-Ragnar Haugstvedt,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9783132436039
- ISBN: 9783132436039
- Διαθεσιμότητα: 10-12 ημέρες
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 139,00€
Operative complications can have a major impact on patients and surgeons. While most textbooks list them, few provide in-depth discussion on prevention, repercussions, and methods to resolve them. Management of Complications in Common Hand and Wrist Procedures: FESSH Instructional Course Book 2021, edited by renowned hand surgeons Brigitte van der Heijden, Jan-Ragnar Haugstvedt, and Henk Coert, features contributions from an impressive group of international hand surgery experts. This book provides in-depth, illustrated coverage on the prevention and management of complications that can occur during common hand and wrist approaches. It also provides insights on how meticulously performed hand therapy can help alleviate postsurgical problems, on the complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), and on critical social issues.
- Firsthand clinical pearls, evidence-based interventions, and expert opinion for preventing and resolving complications from distinguished hand surgery experts
- The history of the catch-all term CRPS, why continued use of this term is a disservice to patients and medical progress, and an evidence-based argument on why it should be removed from the armamentarium and eventually the literature
- Managing expectations of patients with factitious disorders, the role of informed consent in preventing medicolegal issues, and the impact of complications on surgeons and patients
This unique and insightful resource will be invaluable in the practice of plastic, orthopaedic, and trauma surgeons specializing in hand and wrist surgery.