Ουρολογία - Varicocele and Male Infertility A Complete Guide
- Εκδόσεις: Springer
- Συγγραφέας: Veronica Gomez-Lobo, Ashok Agarwal, Ahmad Majzoub, Chak-Lam Cho, Sandro C. Esteves,
- Κωδικός Προϊόντος: 9783319791012
- ISBN: 9783319791012
- Διαθεσιμότητα: 10-12 ημέρες
- Χωρίς ΦΠΑ: 149,79€
- A unique textbook presenting a thoughtful and comprehensive view of the significance of varicocele and its impact in male fertility, including medical and surgical management
- Includes basic and transitional research, genetics, diagnostic testing with conventional and advanced molecular biology approaches, hormonal control, interventional therapy and ART, controversies and case material
- An invaluable tool for medical students in reproductive medicine as well as researchers and clinicians working in the field of infertility
This unique textbook – the first of its kind – presents a thoughtful and comprehensive discussion of the significance of varicocele and its impact on male fertility. This hot topic is covered from a multitude of angles in seven thematic sections: origin and pathophysiology, clinical evaluation, medical and surgical therapy, controversies, pro and con debates, and clinical case scenarios. The scope of varicocele includes basic and transitional research, genetics, diagnostic testing with conventional and advanced molecular biology approaches, hormonal control, interventional therapy and assisted reproductive technology (ART). Repair of varicocele, which can be carried out by various methods, not only alleviates oxidative stress‐associated infertility but also prevents and protects against the progressive character of varicocele and its consequent upregulations of systemic oxidative stress.
Even with the advances in the understanding of this intriguing disease and consensus on some areas such as diagnosis and pathophysiology, substantial controversy still exists, in particular concerning the benefits of treatment and to whom treatment should be offered. Additional chapters discuss, in depth, such controversies surrounding the role of varicocele in male infertility and present clinical case scenarios dealing with management of subclinical and clinical varicocele. A series of editorial comments is provided by the editors at the end of selected chapters, containing an objective and concise summary of the information from each chapter. In addition, chapters open up with key points for quick references and conclude with multiple choice questions and answers for immediate review and retention of the rich content.
Generously illustrated, Varicocele and Male Infertility: A Complete Guide represents an invaluable tool for medical students in reproductive medicine as well as researchers and clinicians working in the field of infertility (e.g., urologists, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, and embryologists) and is comprised of chapters written by leading and internationally recognized clinicians and scientists with expertise in varicocele, skillfully edited by leaders in the field.
|23 b/w illustrations, 68 illustrations in colour